DVD (data) backup Software selection help

JoeMSFN

After dealing with a 2nd corrupt backup run using Nero BackItUp that comes with Nero7, I'm a little frustrated :angry:

After experience way earlier in my optical media burning life, I learned the value of verify on.

Here's what happened (twice-sortta).

1st backup, I'm into disc 9 of 13 when it get Verify Failure.... Well I think no prob, it'll just spit the disc out and let me burn disc 9 again. Nope. It continued to verify, and after a few more rounds of sectors xxxx to yyyy, I had enough and paper clip ejected the disc. Finally a total verify failure on disc 9, huray!! Well I was greeted with "Backup Failure" and a "Finished" button. Grrr....

2nd backup (same data, same night, now early morning :realmad: ), Disc 8 of 13.... drive failure (not sure if it's the media or drive at this point... really don't care) and another "Backup Failed"!!!! (wish there was a really real mad emoticon now)

So my question to the experts here...

Is there a DVD (data) backup software that when an error happens, it just asks for a blank disc to redo the failed disc?

And if I may be ultra-greedy in my desires, also will just giveup on the 1st read/verify error instead of trying to verify the whole disc.

My view is that when there is one error detected (with the critical data), there is no need to see if there are any more errors. I don't plan on relying on that disc after the 1st error!!!

Please oh please, someone have a good solution (software wise) for this issue!