WinPE\BartPE\ERD Commander

TheUni

Hi

I've got to say, i love powerpacker. It's one of the greatest tools in my bag. I'm a mobile tech and i end up doing a bunch of reinstalls for customers, so it's great to have everything on 1 disk. One thing i that really would like to add is ERD Commander (Much like winpe or bartpe). I've seen a couple threads talking about how to add it, but they're pretty old and seem to work on the old cd shell. Would anyone that's gotten one of these working mind sharing or giving me a little how-to? I would really appreciate it.

TheUni

Actually it is even easier to add in the new shell.

All you have to do is open \BOOT\Boot.ini

Add this line in the [MenuOptions] section:

\ERDC\setupldr.bin ; ERD Commander

Copy the full contents of your erd disk to the root of your multiboot disk and rename the I386 directory to ERDC. :D

In future versions of powerpacker I plan on making it even easier.

You can also use the Extra Root Files section to automatically copy the files for you and instead of renaming I386 just use this line in your boot.ini instead:

\I386\setupldr.bin ; ERD Commander

works great, thank you.

I was trying too hard, heh. I had hexed the files you usually need to edit, but it seems this shell does that automatically.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now i've just got to figure out how to slim this down. I'm up to 715 megs (still burns and works w/ overburn, but i'm out of room to add anything else). Any suggestions for removing anything particularly large w/ nlite?

TheUni

works great, thank you.

I was trying too hard, heh. I had hexed the files you usually need to edit, but it seems this shell does that automatically.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now i've just got to figure out how to slim this down. I'm up to 715 megs (still burns and works w/ overburn, but i'm out of room to add anything else). Any suggestions for removing anything particularly large w/ nlite?

TheUni

Try using these addons... They will remove un-needed files and save you over 100MB of space if you haven't deleted them allready.

These addons are tested fully working in the integrator... but should also work with nLite. ;)

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...hlight=winntupg

Edited by Siginet

Try using these addons... They will remove un-needed files and save you over 100MB of space if you haven't deleted them allready.

These addons are tested fully working in the integrator... but should also work with nLite. ;)

Uhm... Which addons?

Uhm... Which addons?

Sorry... I added the link for ya now. :)