Automatically adding users to computers

Hi, I'd like to be able to automatically add a used to a computer as an administrator at their first login after checking the user is a member of the active directory. I'm not really sure about how to go about it. I'm assuming I'll have to write a script that will identify the user in the AD then add it to the local machine

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

If this is an AD based network, adding DOMAIN USERS to the local Administrators group will grant the permissions.

I'd really prefer to write a script that will enable a user that has never used a machine before to be added physically to the machine rather than add the domain user to the admin group if it is possible.

Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...p.mspx?mfr=true

To add the existing user accounts stevev, ralphr (from the Sales domain), and jennyt to the Exec local group on the local computer, type:

net localgroup exec stevev sales\ralphr jennyt /add

Hopefully you realize the security implications of what you are trying to accomplish.

I'd really prefer to write a script that will enable a user that has never used a machine before to be added physically to the machine rather than add the domain user to the admin group if it is possible.

What you just said are the exact same thing, unless you mean that you want to create a local user with admin rights to that machine, but will have no rights at all on the domain.