windows xp error please help im desperate

paypastacks

One thing you must remember when installing fresh copy of xp is to download latest firewall, antivirus & malware protectors which should be incorporated in your installation itself.

Before visiting any web site you must update the malware & av signatures & activate all protections. This is definitely a scare tactit type of message. The best way would be to get ewido spyware protection & scan your system. You will find the culprit.

Before doing something like reinstalling windows.. Disable the messenger service.. A normal home user doesnt need it.. In fact, it should be off if you have SP2 isntalled anyway.. SP2 disables it by default last I remember reading.

Otherwise, yes.. It is random messeges being sent.. Or, here is an idea.. turn a firewall on.. If you have one (and it is configured correctly) you shouldnt be seeing this message anyway..

If it turns back on by itself.. You got spyware or something that shouldnt be running..

This is quite common, your machine is not infected at all. Mass spammers just flood these messages over the Internet in an attempt to scare users into downloading their software (most likely malware).

I once traced the origin of the message to an unsecured machine and... disabled it :lol:

This is quite common, your machine is not infected at all. Mass spammers just flood these messages over the Internet in an attempt to scare users into downloading their software (most likely malware).

I once traced the origin of the message to an unsecured machine and... disabled it :lol:

Exactly my point. If your firewall was turned on & spyware/malware signatures up to date you wouldn't get this message without warning from Firewall. would you? Since it happens during the boot precess itself, it is on the pc aready. Just to make doubly sure disconnect your internet & then boot. You will know where it is.