Hello :) New here. Great forum!

NYC Rocker

Hello everyone.

I just found this forum, it's great! I'm going to read/learn more.

I've been using MS programs for years but I have a current situation that just baffles me. :blink:

In MS Word (95), I have a new document I'm writing, with dates and numbers in it, and every time I hit the enter key to go to the next line, it drags the previous numbers with it, puts them together, etc, all kinds of nonsense I do not ask it to do. I think it's doing some kind of automatic numbering/bulleting, but when I click that icon so it won't auto-number, it still does this crazy thing. It is not entering its own numbers, but it is doing crazy things with the numbers I have put in myself, and puts them where I don't want them. :realmad: Maybe something is happening with the tabs, I don't know, I'm trying everything. Anyone have any clue???

Example:

2002 $100

2003 $200

2004 $300

When I hit return, it puts the 2004 directly in front of the $300 with no space between and drags it all to the next line. Enough to drive you crazy, I tell ya.

THANK YOU

:)

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to recommend OpenOffice but it doesn't answer the dude's problem--which is the reason for this forum.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's causing your problem. Are you saying you're using Word 95? I've never heard of Word 95!

This forum is for Office 2000/XP/2003.