[Help] Analyzing a .msi file...

I'm got an Intel D945GTP motherboard, which uses an Intel 945G Express Chipset, which according to the Intel website should be Viiv compatible, however having just gotten off the phone with Intel (Being a reseller is great, free tech support) I've discovered that NOT ALL 945G chipsets ARE Viiv compatible, it has to have the '-dh' at the end of 'ICH7', so it'd be 'ICH7-DH'

My goal here is to analyze and determine how to prevent their Viiv software from detecting that my chipset apparently isn't compatible, primarily because the website was a bit misleading...

So, I've extracted the initial .exe and look around at it's .ini's and .inf's and can't see anything too obvious about the hardware, I think I found out how to get it not to care about the OS, but not the hardware... So inside the .exe was a .msi which I used LesMSIerable to extract it's contents, howver of a 4mb .msi it pulled out 2.59mb worth of content, so I'm wondering where else should I be looking to find this "Check hardware" type switch that I can flip off...

There is more than likely a custom action that you could eliminate from the .msi file. I do all of my work with .msi files using AdminStudio, but if you don't have access to that (it's stupid expensive) I believe Orca could do that just as well.

There is more than likely a custom action that you could eliminate from the .msi file. I do all of my work with .msi files using AdminStudio, but if you don't have access to that (it's stupid expensive) I believe Orca could do that just as well.

I used Orca and found the section which talks about what conditions stop the installer from working, and removed the "Invalid hardware" checking, installed like a charm...

Thanks

Now to figure out how it's supposed to work... Tough when they don't supply a manual...