Disable Windows File Protection

The nice thing about using $OEM$\$$ is that it will bypass anything done by windows file protection so the windows file protection hack is not needed. These files are copied right after the system is transfered and while it is still in text mode. This is the last thing the text mode instaler does before rebooting. It copies everything under $1 and $$.

The nice thing about using $OEM$\$$ is that it will bypass anything done by windows file protection so the windows file protection hack is not needed. These files are copied right after the system is transfered and while it is still in text mode.  This is the last thing the text mode instaler does before rebooting. It copies everything under $1 and $$.

Nice, so its possible to copy over uxtheme.dll without WFP interfering using the example below?

$OEM$\$$\System32\UXTheme.dll

$OEM$\$$\System32\dllcache\UXTheme.dll

:)

yes. It should work that way just make sure the versions of the files are the same as the ones you use. I have had issues so bad that it corupted my hard drive from using verisons of files that dont match the current service pack and hot fixes on the system.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried my sugestion above and windows filew protection does kick into play. The only solution I have found to work is to simply remove the cd fro mthe cdtray before you do any of the replacements. I have solved this in my case since i use either two cd's for the install or a dvd. I have my batch setup to check for the cdrom including the i386folder and if it is there it will ask you to remove it and will not let you go on untill it has been removed.

I'm trying to find a little better way ot do this but for now it works lik i have it.

Sorry haven't had a chance to do any more testing, having got my new PC and then accidently deleting some data which I've been busy recovering. I did try the UXTheme.dll file in the $$ folders but it seems it doesn't work, as webmedic mentioned above. I've also used the CD eject script before starting the batch, but it has no effect whatsoever. It seems a direct copy of UXTheme.dll using COPY and RENAME commands in the batch works best for the time being (at least for me, but not for some people)

Well I have multiple cd's so I ave still used the remove cdrom method along with copy and past it into place.

This is all done durring the first boot into the os as a user. I think I have it running out of my customize batch as one of the last things right before I issue the shutdown command.