XP pro boot loop! Help needed...

GLO

Have you used any other programs to make the install disk (nlite, etc), and the cleaning of the case the componets may and may not help.

I found in my experience that

BIOS

Hard Drive

cables

RAM

can cause this alot. I can't say specificlly what your cause, their is other reason and solutions. Recommend appling each members posts.

i am using an nLited and slipstreamed XPpro sp2 disk that is running well on 5 other machines on the network.

Prior to loading the Nuance software, we did have a blackout!

i will remove all cables and refit.

although there is nothing that gets moved, i think its my only chance.

Ok, i have cleaned out the dusty guts of the PC, and refitted all the connectors.

What happens when i power on the PC is that you hear the HDDs spool up and then you see the Windows logo witht he blue bars animation then the monitor flicks off, like it going to refresh then you hear the more HDDs spool up and that when you hear everything spool down and the monitor clicks again, and the whole things loops over and over.

My mobo is an Asus P4P800MX-SE using a 2400Mhz cpu, onboard graphics and audio.

4xhdds and a 450W psu.

been working solid for the past year.

there is no post beeps and when i hit TAB on boot up there are no Post errors displayed.

Anything else i can do?

no clicking, im certain the HDD is 100% (all of them infact)

for a moment i was thinking maybe the PSU wasnt coping but 450W is ample for 4hdds, 1CDRW 512mb ram2 case fans and 2.4Ghz cpu

After my 2nd rebuild in just as many days, im suspecting that its more likely a problem with the software from Nuance (PDF Converter 2 Proffessional)

I will load it onto my sons machine which only has games on it, so a rebuild is less impacting.