Windows Media Player 11 Integration

Sai_wolf

Ahoy there folks! This here is my first post and I'd like to share something with you that I just learned myself.

As we all should know here, Microsoft is shipping the new Player Beta 11 on WindowsMedia.com. And as we should all know, that file is an archive of files. This post will attempt to show you how to integrate it into your Source.

I'm sure most of you have WinRAR on your system. Drag the downloaded installer into Winzip and Viola! All the archived files. Extract these files to anywhere of your choosing. (The Desktop is nice, but make a folder for it. :P)

You should have these three files in your folder

1.) umdf.exe

2.) wmfdist11.exe

3.) wmp11.exe

Each one of these files takes the /integrate switch and it's full syntax is:

/integrate:<sourcetoxpsetupfiles>

Run those files, in that order, with the integrate switch and the path to your source and you should have WMplayer 11 built right into your source! :) Hope this was helpfull!

1.) umdf.exe

2.) wmfdist11.exe

3.) wmp11.exe

Each one of these files takes the /integrate switch and it's full syntax is:

/integrate:<sourcetoxpsetupfiles>

Run those files, in that order, with the integrate switch and the path to your source and you should have WMplayer 11 built right into your source!

HUH! That easy?

They don't work w/the integrate switch. /integrate is only for hotfixes.

I tested it. SFXCAB is what M$ uses to create hotfixes. It's basically a cab self-extractor and only those support /integrate

Integrate this in nlite or Rvm integrator instead: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2319 For server 2003 and xp only.

You missed what I said. :P We're working with the extracted files, not the cab itself. That's done away with in the first step. The three files DO support integrate, just run them with the /? switch. :P It's right there.

umdf.exe /? returns:

/integrate:<fullpath> Integrate this software update into <fullpath>

There's also a ton of other switches to play around with too. Like /passive and /norestart. Again, we're not looking at the .CAB. We're looking at the three extracted files.

Integrate doesn't directly overwrite the files. It puts a different copy there incase the integration fails. but it takes up 15mb more space, no good when installuing from usb stick.