Vista 5472 and NOD32

nitroshift

Hi guys!

I tried to install NOD32 v.2.51.20 on Vista 5472. It installs fine but after reboot my pc locks up soon after displaying the desktop. No icons appear in the system tray. I assume that Vista blocks the NOD32 engine to start (although it doesn't ask me whether I want to let this program run). Has anyone tried this scenario? Any ideas? What other antivirus might work on Vista? Thanks for help.

nitro

the NOD engine doesn't hook in right into the network stack anymore, since it was revamped, all the hooks and places that the AV companies hooked into the stack are not all there, things have to be redone. check Eztrust AV from CA, they offer a free year of it for Vista :-D you should check it out

agreed,

i am sure NOD is working on a vista compatible version now, just could be a hard rewrite (since that is what alot of companies have to do) we will hopefully see it when vista RTMs or soon after but who knows...

Symantec is facing a similar situation with their Symantec Client Security software. All the hooks into the IP stack and other assundry items just don't work anymore; the best you can do is their SAV 7.5 for Vista Beta 2 tool.

In fact, only last week did my company get the info for making our SAV-enabled Vista B2 machines integrated into our coporate Symantec Management Console.

• 3 weeks later...