Power DVD 6 and 64bit CPU

Maleko

Ok, I got Power DVD 6 Deluxe dirt cheap, came to install it to have major problems.

Downloaded patches etc, no luck. Contacted customer support, first response was a load of crap.

Second response, Power DVD not compatible with 64bit Processors....

Heres my point: I have Power DVD XP which works FINE!

Why in the hell does a newer version not work!!?!?!? How stupid is that!

So, my question, does anyone know of a fix for it?

What OS are you using? XP Pro X64? Are you even using a 64-bit processor? Anyway, I highly doubt that that PowerDVD 6 Deluxe is incompatible with 64-bit processors as I have got it installed on 3 systems: one has got an AMD Sempron 2600+, another an AMD Sempron 3000+ and one an AMD Athlon 3000+ - all of which are 64-bit processors!

Do you get any error messages? Either during the installation process itself or when trying to run the application? Did you uninstall PowerDVD XP before installing PowerDVD 6 Deluxe?

I also know that PowerDVD 7 is 'compatible' with 64-bit processors as I have tested the trial and it works fine.

- Taj

just b/c the processor is 64bit doesnt mean it has anything to do with the program. it all has to do with the operating system. if x64 is not supported then its not supported, the coders are just lazy.

yeh, shud have said, im just runnin XP, not XP64

basically, the problem I have is playback just doesnt happen, you can hear it, just no picture on the video screen, just black. Now if you move the mouse of it it flashes and you can see the film under it for a split second.

Also, when I patch it, and press stop on playback, still with no image, it crashes.

it would probably work fine without the patch if i can just get the video out! lol

And i fully uninstalled DVD XP, and removed any registry entires it left.

Have you tested this with different file formats? What type of file is the one that you're trying to play? I know this isn't a solution, but if you really want to watch this video, then maybe you should re-install PowerDVD XP or VideoLAN's VLC Media Player, which is free, and plays pretty much everything! Here's the link for VLC if you're interested: VideoLAN homepage.

Here's some stuff I found on the Cyberlink website relevant to PowerDVD 6 which you can try: clicky!

Hope this helps.

- Taj