Half-Life 2 huge performance hit

NotAnIdiot

The new laptop I bought has a 1.8 GHz Core Duo, 1.5 gb RAM, 667 MHz fsb, an nvidia geforce go 7300, and 5400 rpm hard drive. Before installing XPIZE it ran half-life 2 episode 1 at 60+ fps. After installing, it dropped to about 10 fps. Uninstalled, back up to 60+. The only thing I left out when I installed XPIZE was the boot screen.

Has anyone encountered this, or know which file(s) I should tell the installer not to replace in order to avoid this issue? I love the look of XPIZE but that kind of performance hit is unacceptable.

*Note: I haven't tried any other modern game, but performance in older games seems unaffected (pre 2002).

EDIT: Yes, I tried reinstalling the game and my video drivers ^_^

EDIT#2: I have narrowed it down to either msxml3.dll, quartz.dll, or shlwapi.dll. Installing XPize without these files selected seems to have no adverse effects. Still testing...

Edited by NotAnIdiot

Well :whistle: ...I tried installing each of those files I mentioned one at a time, along with everything else in XPize...and they all worked fine. I don't know what got messed up but it seemes to be fine now with everything in XPize installed (minus the boot screen again). :thumbup

Thanks for your help everyone! :hello: