Internet Settings (.ins) Files

Hi All:

1st of all I'm sory for long post, PLEASE allow me to ask a question that I failed to answer after a lot of searching and a lot of reading in many places. I hope that someone can help me with this issue.

Here is what I want to know:

I've downloaded the WindowsXP-KB838080-SP2-DeployTools-ENU, When I extracted it I've found a manual for Microsoft Windows Preinstallation References (ref.chm) which is talking about many things.

I've found a category named Internet Settings (.ins)* Files.

and here is a print screen of what I'm talking about:

th_82893_Untitled_2_501lo.jpg

th_83159_Untitled_1_481lo.jpg

- .ins file ... Internet settings file. A file that provides Windows Update Setup with Internet settings that configure the browser and associated components. You can create multiple versions of your browser package by changing the .ins file used by each package. Use the Profile Manager to create, save, and load .ins files.

- Windows Welcome ... The end user's first experience of Microsoft Windows in Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional. Through a series of full-screen, HTML-based pages, Windows Welcome quickly and easily takes end users through the final steps of setting up their personal computer. End users are then prompted for any additional information that is needed to personalize their settings, which can include regional settings, network configuration (where applicable), and Internet connection settings. Windows Welcome is formerly known as Out-Of-Box Experience (OOBE).

- ISP sign-up server ... An HTTP server that automates the task of adding new customers to an ISP's customer database. The Internet sign-up server collects information from each customer, adds the information to the ISP's customer database, and then passes a configuration packet back to the customer's desktop computer. The configuration packet contains information that is used to configure the customer's Internet browser for subsequent connection to the ISP's services.

so What I want to know now is how to creat that file? I think it is with Notepad... right or wrong?

Also, what should I name this file, will it be any name as long as it is .ins

And where shall I put this file, will it be on I386 or what?

And finally do I need to do any other setting or not?

I really want to know because there are many good setting will be great to include it in the unattended cd

Sorry again for long post and hope to find a reply tell me what I'm looking for bcz Google did not helped

Edited by mgadallah

this is one of the places I've been there

but I'm still did not get the answer

may I get answer for the question:

how to creat that file? I think it is with Notepad... right or wrong?

Also, what should I name this file, will it be any name as long as it is .ins

And where shall I put this file, will it be on I386 or what?

And finally do I need to do any other setting or not?

thanks