Tour pops up

bottled leaf

When i first boot up XP, the take the tour thing pops up in the tray. I know I uninstalled. When I click it doesnt do anything. So like what file do i delete?

Another quick question: In the task manager processes tab, my user name is not shown under the user name tab, how do i get that back?

There's a reg tweak that was added in nLite 1.0. It's still in 1.0.1. If you remove the tour and choose to enable that tweak, it won't come up.

And remember, even though you have removed the tweak it will come up because Windows itself doesn't know about nLite's capability to remove components :D

taskmanaz2.th.jpg

Open TaskMan, go to View>Select Columns>Tick box username and click OK :D

Googleing.will.help.you.find.reg.tweaks ;)

Windows registry editor 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Tour]
"RunCount"=DWORD:0

I can't remember how to put DWORD values in the registry cos I usally just export the important key and post it but I think it's that.

Edited by T D

The task manager thing is maybe caused by the removal of secondary logon.

However I think it is because you probably removed Terminal Service, as I do.

And then, the box in task manager can not be unticked because it is not there anymore.

There's a reg tweak for this. However, the key is a binary/hex one and does not set a single setting but many.

Enabled will look like : XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 01 XX XX XX XX XX

And disabled, like : XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 00 XX XX XX XX XX

It's pretty hard to find the proper byte to change. Moreover if you use somebody's else reg tweak it will probably change some of your settings for task manager.

The easier thing to do is to change the column width : drag and drop so it has 0px width.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an annoyance. I'll probably make an app to change this or something. ;)