new install of WinServ2k3

HI,

Ive checked and could not find this problemo. I have a older Compaq ProSigina with dual P3600mhz and 2GB RAM. It originaly had server 03 on it but i put XP Pro for an extra desktop. (dumb idea) so i removed the xtra items i put in it such as a usb card and sound card. Xp still was operating fine. Today I went to reformat for Server03 and got the blue screen of death with STOP:c000021a and STATUS OF: 0xc000012f. ive checkd all hardware and all is good. Any advise?

Thanks again

Scott

Well, a stop 0x21a can occur when a critical system process is terminated, for whatever reason - and the processes that can cause a stop 0x21a specifically are unexpected terminations of lsass.exe, csrss.exe, and winlogon.exe. Which one of these processes terminated (you should've seen that info on the bluescreen)? The best thing to do, especially if you're seeing this frequently, is to configure for a complete dump, set the page file to RAM+64MB on the same partition Windows is on, and the next time the issue occurs, you should get a memory.dmp file in the Windows directory that can be debugged with cdb or windbg to determine the root cause.

The +64mb, is that set when i install and it asks for the partition c: size? When i get to that point I end up reformatting the whole partition. The debug? will that do it on its own?

Thanks

Edited by diamondscott

So you can't even install Windows 2003, this STOP error crops up during setup?

How far through the installation does it get before the error occurs?

Are you formatting the partition through setup, or preparing it beforehand?

Does the installation media contain SP1?

Do you have another Windows 2003 CD that you could test, to rule out a media problem?

* yes i can install fine, but it stops when it goes to restart.

* Through set up when it aske . where do i want to install this OS.

Do you have another Windows 2003 CD that you could test, to rule out a media problem?

Its not a media prob, because is a MSDN subscriber cd.

Im thinking of just putting XP Pro back on it. and just do my Photoshop and do my web stuff on it.

;)

Sounds like a media problem during the initialization process. I had something similar happen to me when I used an nlited to death install image. Clean your media if its the original media, if its an image disk or nLite material burn another copy if you are able.

* yes i can install fine, but it stops when it goes to restart.

* Through set up when it aske . where do i want to install this OS.

Its not a media prob, because is a MSDN subscriber cd.

Im thinking of just putting XP Pro back on it. and just do my Photoshop and do my web stuff on it.

;)