Variable for Default User

I searched for environment variables but I couldn't find the one I'm looking for:

What is the variable for Default User in WinXP?

What is the variable for the Current User?

I found %allusersprofile% for All Users, %programfiles% for Program Files folder.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think a variable is defined for the "Default User" folder. So you can either use %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\ or set it to %DefaultUserProfile% yourself. On a side note, %UserProfile% is the current user profile. If you are needing this info for an unattended install you don't need to do anything to the default user profile in setup. If you include one on the in $OEM$\$Docs\Default User\ on the CD, setup will not touch it. If you do this, make sure to delete all of the desktop.ini files from every folder in the profile before putting it on the CD. I learned that the hard way. :-)

Borphos

I think that "Default User" is not usable/effective at other times than T-13 and T-12!

When I want to apply something to the "Default User", hence any user afterwards; I do it at T-13 via SVCPACK.INF! I, then, use %UserProfile%!

• 1 year later...

this is an old topic, i know, that got lost in follow up. anyway, the reason i wanted to know was i was trying to customize the default profile so that whoever logs on, i don't have to set the explorer toolbar, cleartype, theme, etc., etc. etc.

i think i can accomplish this by copying ntuser.dat from userprofile to default user profile during setup, am i not right? I mean when all my registry settings have been incorporated and the computer is about to reboot from gui setup. i guess that's t-13 or t-12.