Networking

My PC is connected to a lan, from every part of the lan, it require password for access and i did not provide any password for accessing my computer, at end the people can access, i change my ip, my computer name but remain unaccessible.So dear fereind i nneed help at this point to make my commputer avaible to every one on the group.

Thank you for all of your sugggestion to solve my the problem.

If yotu pc is visible on the lan it means your pc name, workgroup & ip are ok.

In control panel, under folder options -> view select the last item "simple file & folder sharing". In each share you define you can select the share level for password free access from your local network. Or you can simply drag your shared partitions/volumes to "Shared Documents" under My Computer.

Edited by pmshah

• 2 weeks later...

what operating system are you running? if your running windows xp pro or 2000 pro then it's a problem with your security settings. there are 2 ways to fix this. this is the long and more secure way:

you have to add every user on your network onto that machine, and have the same password on both computer. this will remove the authentication problem.

the short way is to turn on the guest account, and since the guest is in the "everyone" group, guests from outside the network can access your shares.

the 2nd one should be a quick way to fix your problems, because you should only have to turn on the guest account. everything else should be set up properly