Perfecting my unattended install

Well, after much playing about I have managed to get a multiboot DVD going, with an unattended and an interactive XP install on it (alongside win 2k) - so far so good.

However, I've hit a minor problem, which I'm hoping someone out there may be able to help with.

No matter what I do, I can't get the Windows Welcome screens to not appear.

By manipulating the oobeinfo.ini I have it down to only asking me for AutoUpdates, and then waiting for me to press finish, but I wanted it to not ask me anything at all!

I have the following settings:

- UnattendSwitch=Yes in winnt.sif, which is supposed to skip it altogether

- NoIspPreConfig=1, SkipAutoUpdate=1, Offline=1, Registration=1,Identity000 in oobeinfo.ini, which trim off some screens

How can I make it vanish altogether??

I use

[Unattended]
FactoryMode=Yes

in the winnt.sif file, no screens for me, setup checks for the existance of factory.exe, part of sysprep and if it can't find it it continues without showing the screens.

I have the exact opposite problem: welcome screens vanished without trace!

Now xp installs and I have only administrator account, so I have to add users manually later.

how to switch welcome screen back on ?

Umm... I'm not shure I'm following U :)

Usualy I had unattended windows installation which offered me to test screen resolution during some point of setup, and which asked me to create users and define internet connections, and asking me to register windows, at the end of the setup.

Now, it doesn't anymore. just installs at 640x480 resolution and has only one account: the Administrator.

I need to get it to behave as it used to, not just instal with administrator acount only.

I've done some searching about syssetup.dll and all I managed to dig out is that it's used to change appereance of xp instalation.

I guess I'm missing something out, if so, plz let me know

thanx

EDIT AGAIN:

I managed to get it to work as I want. I just used Nlite 1.0 RC8 instead of Nlite 1.0 final

I don't know what's about version 1.0 final that makes it install differently

Edited by Smor

i hope u have used patched syssetup.dll ( nlite has this option,, i hope, i haven't used nlite)

and be sure with the settings in ur winnt.sif

[Display]

BitsPerPel=16

Xresolution=800

Yresolution=600

Vrefresh=75

Well, after much playing about I have managed to get a multiboot DVD going, with an unattended and an interactive XP install on it (alongside win 2k) - so far so good.

However, I've hit a minor problem, which I'm hoping someone out there may be able to help with.

No matter what I do, I can't get the Windows Welcome screens to not appear.

By manipulating the oobeinfo.ini I have it down to only asking me for AutoUpdates, and then waiting for me to press finish, but I wanted it to not ask me anything at all!

I have the following settings:

- UnattendSwitch=Yes in winnt.sif, which is supposed to skip it altogether

- NoIspPreConfig=1, SkipAutoUpdate=1, Offline=1, Registration=1,Identity000 in oobeinfo.ini, which trim off some screens

How can I make it vanish altogether??

First off, to skip this, you DO NOT need a pathced dll for this, as erroneously stated above. You need the Unattendswitch AND THIS:

In the [GuiUnattended], you need:

OEMSkipWelcome

Enables unattended Setup to skip the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.

Syntax OEMSkipWelcome = 0 | 1

Values 0

Displays the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.

Skips the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.

Example OEMSkipWelcome = 0

Dependency OEMPreinstall = Yes

Comments Important

If OemPreinstall in the [unattended] section of Unattend.txt is set to Yes, unattended Setup automatically stops on the Welcome page. To avoid this pause in your factory or testing environment, set OEMSkipWelcome = 1. Do not ship any computer with OEMSkipWelcome = 1. Instead, change OEMSkipWelcome in the [GuiUnattended] section of Sysprep.inf to 0 before delivering the computer to the customer.

Edited by JuMz

@nepali

I haven't used patched syssetup.dll, as I mentioned before, i don't really even know what it serves for.

Just used plain nlite 1 rc8 and it worked nice.

However, on nlite 1.0 final it doesn't work for some reason.

i have never used nlite..

but have heard theres option to patch the systemfiles..

patched syssetup.dll for winXP SP2 2180

syssetup.dl_

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates=yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

UnattendedSwitch=Yes

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\101_lan;Drivers\845v;Drivers\865v;Drivers\915v;Drivers\8139;Drivers\9738;Drivers\vsound;Drivers\dcom;Drivers\intl_1000;Drivers\lan;Drivers\max;Drivers\rtl_ac97;Drivers\sis;Drivers\sis630lan;Drivers\sis_lan;Drivers\smax;Drivers\ati;Drivers\smax2;Drivers\stel;Drivers\stel2;Drivers\usb2;Drivers\via_s;Drivers\via_s2;Drivers\via_vga;Drivers\cmi;Drivers\via_rhine"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=193

OemSkipWelcome=1

[iEPopupBlocker]

AllowedSites=www.microsoft.com;

BlockPopups=Yes

FilterLevel=Medium