Reverse Hyperthreading does not exist

Aegis

APOLOGIES to the fanbois, but I am about to kill some nice AMD dreams. Reverse Hyperthreading does not exist. It's one of the bigger loads of bluff and bluster cooked up in a long time.

AMD doesn't have any such technology. It would like to have it but even the upcoming K8L quad core won't be able to present a dual or quad core as a single core to the Operating system.

On the other hand AMD doesn’t not need such a marchitecture as the operating systems are getting used to a dual and later quad machines. It's just a dream that someone set afloat but AMD doesn't have such a marchitecture.

However, AMD should weather the Conroe storm but it is about to lose the performance crown for a whole quarter at least. Its response, K8L won't be ready before Q2 2007.

Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32885

Guess AMD's about to get their *** kicked by Conroe.

Whoa... Intel's about to jump back in an undisputed top spot soon. With almost complete dominance in the notebook market and Conroe on it's way, it's now time for AMD to play catch up.

I don't think AMD expected to lose their crown so suddenly and by such a large margin either. All of the Conroe's I've seen *easily* hit 3.5GHZ, and most can hit 4.5GHZ, limited only by the FSB being maxed out on the mobo and the multiplier on the processor. (9x400=3600MHz only)

Edited by Aegis

Whoa... Intel's about to jump back in an undisputed top spot soon. With almost complete dominance in the notebook market and Conroe on it's way, it's now time for AMD to play catch up.

The nice thing about this is it keeps everyone on their toes...end result ? Faster, Cooler, Smaller.

And we all benefit. After they have seperated us from our hard-earned cash of course. :lol: