RunOnceEx again after reboot, how?

How can I run another RunOnceEx.cmd after rebooting from a finished RunOnceEx.cmd?

The reason I want to do this is because I can't get the Audigy2ZS drivers to install, I know the silent switch works because I tested them in Windows but not when RunOnceEx is running, it doesn't even show, I think the drivers get installed after reboot.

Here's the line in my RunOnceEx.cmd file.

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Installing Audigy 2ZS Driver" /f

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\Drivers\SB\Audio\Setup\setup.exe -s" /f

I'm having the same problem with the logitech mouse and keyboard setup which also uses the installshield installer.

Basically the setup thinks those files don't exist but I don't know why this happens because they're there and I've checked the time on the files as well and they have been copied at the time of installation.

I'm just hoping a reboot fixes this.

I don't understand what you're trying to do : you check if the driver is installed before installing it ???

Anyway, to have a runonceex on second reboot, you need to add a runonceex entry that will add a runonceex entry. An example to make thing clear :

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys (

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Preparing to Install Audigy 2ZS driver on next reboot" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D ""Installing Audigy 2ZS driver"" /f" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D ""%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\Drivers\SB\Audio\Setup\setup.exe -s"" /f" /f

)

(or you can have a separate batch called from first-boot-runonceex that adds the second-boot-runonceex entries : it's easier to work on)

++

Edited by Delprat

I know the drivers are integrated but I want to also install the software that comes with it, I've already created a setup.iss file including the logitech software which I need to install so that I have the bluetooth ready to use.

I figured out how to do a reboot which I run at the start of the installation before any thing else, this brings up the Audigy2 and Logitech to the list of items but for some reason they never get highlighted and are skipped. Both are at the start of runonceex.cmd after the shutdown/restart command.

I think I need a way to wait before runonceex.cmd executes the shutdown command because when the runonce installation completes and reboots and after the theme customisation I see 2 batch files run and see a reference to creative so the sound card drivers probably are installed when I logon.

Anybody got any ideas about how to get the software to install, they're both installshield installers.

Edited by XLNC