BIOS Upgrade Woes

Fr33m4n

I now have a big problem. I decided to upgrade my bios on my ASUS A8N-E from 1008 to 1013 ( I guess that's really a unlucky number eh?). Point is, I'm also running a raid-0 setup with two seagate drives. Now obviously upgrading the bios will overwrite all my settings, including the raid setup settings. So then it shouldn't really have been a surprise that it came up NTLDR missing seeing as it can no longer detect the raid stuff. I'm currently kicking myself for not thinking ahead. So, anyone have any idea of how I can save my data? I would be extremely gratefull.

TIA

-Fr33m4n

It shouldn't happen eh? cause I really would have thought that they'd be smart enough to not let that happen. Anyway, is there an option to rebuild the stripe? I havent checked yet since I didn't wanna do anything untill I had all the facts.

Ok, so I dared boot the machine back up and I decided to take a look in the BIOS to see if there was any suspicious settings (not the raid config bios). Turns out that the flashing had set the raid capability to disabled. So I turned it back to enabled and voila, the nvraid utility detected a healthy stripe raid-0 config. Only problem is, NTLDR still comes up as missing. So what should I do next?

So since the nvraid bios reported a healthy raid array I decided to see if I could run the windows recovery console and maybe replace the NTLDR. Well much to my surprise, my nlited xp install disc with the raid drivers integrated jumped right past the part where you get to chose if you wanna access the recovery console and started instead right in the dialogue box where it asks what partition you would like to install windows on. This was where I noticed that my raid array, which was even listed with the correct HDD label, was labeled E:. And then it occurred to me that maybe things had gotten shuffled around and the BIOS wasn't even trying to boot from the array. So I restarted and used the boot menu to force it to boot from the array and voila. Windows booted beautifully back up. I now noticed that windows explorer still listed the stripe array as C:. So I restarted thinking that maybe things had sorted each other out. But upon rebooting I still got the NTLDR missing though I can still boot just fine back into windows by forcing the BIOS to boot from the raid. So, now my question is, how do I get the BIOS to boot from the array. I checked the boot order menu in the bios and it won't let you specify beyond HDD.