Windows File Sharing Not Working At All

nfanrekurb

I like using netsh but i think in this case we dont need to it, first of all go to your both machines and type ipconfig /release (suppose to get a msg like 0.0.0.0 ), then run this command in both of machines too ipconfig /renew your machines suppose to get a new ip now, in some slight cases you need to clear your address resolution protocol in your machines so you can run this commands it will not make any bad anyway the command is: arp -d (run it in both machines) now ipconfig your machines suppose to find them received IPs from the router DHCP service, next step you have to ping both of machines from each other and ping the router itself if all of them pinged well so we have to move to the next step which is checking the machines if they have firewall enabled then checking the router if it have firewall enabled or not im not sure about your router configuration but if its allowed to be accessed from outside add me to your msn and i could check it for you.

Edited by XP_2600

Thanks very much Mordac85 and xp2600. I altered the ip range of the lan to include 192.168.1.0 after resetting the settings of the router. Those commands worked brilliantly, does anybody know about a nice website that may learn me more of such?