Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse Problem

love98

Hello There,

It little bit odd to discus an Hard Ware problem here but I think it is not hardware that sucks but software

or driver problem.

I have Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse but 98 , on start up, some time ask me to Plug Serial or PS2 Mouse even after I already plug above name USB mouse already with system.

Thank I Need to Shutdown system and again reboot it and in 1st or 2nd boot 98 detect that I have muse but it can not detect as Microsoft Mouse, instead of it, 98 detect is as HID Comp. Mouse.

There is no problem with mouse as this mouse Works perfectly Fine while I have 2000, ME and XP OS on same system.

Any solution for this? Any reason what makes it to sucks?

Thanks.

I've experienced such behavior when the mouse is plugged to an addon USB 2.0 controller. The onboard USB works fine in my case. It's something related to USB controller driver not properly initialising the card. Try another driver to see if this corrects the problem.

USB mouses are usually listed as HID-compliant mouse when the generic mouse driver is used, it's just a cosmetic issue.

HTH ;)

I've experienced such behavior when the mouse is plugged to an addon USB 2.0 controller. The onboard USB works fine in my case. It's something related to USB controller driver not properly initialising the card. Try another driver to see if this corrects the problem.

USB mouses are usually listed as HID-compliant mouse when the generic mouse driver is used, it's just a cosmetic issue.

HTH ;)

I have Onboard USB use same to plug mouse but still get problem. :(

It's something related to USB controller driver not properly initialising the card.

Sorry but I didn't get you. Please explain more. Do you have Driver file can zip and pm me?

Thanks for reply

Edited by love98

I have Onboard USB
Then try setting the Plug and play OS option in BIOS to No. Also you should check if the manifacturer of your motherboard (or the chipset) have some better drivers.
It's something related to USB controller driver not properly initialising the card.

Sorry but I didn't get you. Please explain more. Do you have Driver file can zip and pm me?

Thanks for reply

Sometimes the USB controller gets initialised too late, after the mouse detection. Or it might not get initialised at all in rare cases.

I can't give you a driver, at least not unless i know what kind of USB controller you have. But it's usually better to get drivers from the manifacturers site than trying random drivers ;)

My mouse has been jerking my chain too, ever since I uninstalled AVG Free it seems.

I restart and the pointer wont move, I have to restart again or unplug the mouse and plug it back in......PNP OS has always been on yes.

I really think AVG Free maybe a source of the problem somehow.........anyone else uninstall AVG ?