Start Button Text

gizzyprophet

Im working on my first theme ever, and meanwhile learning my way through StyleBuilder. I am almost done with the start bar so far, but I have one problem. I want to get rid of the text "Start" and the little windows flag that are sitting ontop of the start button image. I know it has something to do with the margin's but I cannot seem to get it right. Thank you in advance for the help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Like the first post, i am a first time xp visual style maker...and since i am using StyleBuilder, i have to start from the default XP styles...however, evrythime i compile and apply the modified theme, that annoying WinXP flag logo/icon is always there to obstruct my newly made Start button..how do i get rid of it...? and if i do, does that method only work for my computer or will it also apply to the .msstyle file? Thank u in advance

• 3 years later...

can someone please show me how to me remove the winxp logo/icon/flag... & remove the word "start" from my start button? all the links are down. can this be done by editing the visual style itself so that if i apply my visual style to any computer it wont ever show again?

thanks in advance...