How to do do App installs when creating 'USER'

snwtoy

I'm running WIHU using runonceex.

The winnt.sif has "autologon=yes " (so that admin is logged on during first boot)

I want the user created with WIHU to be a non-administrator - ie user permissions only. This means I need to use the administrator account to install some apps.

So I had a look at the wihu documentation, and there's a switch /UseCurrent to install apps using currently logged on account. Great! just what I need... So I tried it.

For some reason when using this option the user creation boxes are greyed out, and I can only use what I specify as the detaults for these boxes in the ini or command line switches. So that's not going to work as this build needs to be generic - the user can be anything the person doing the build wants.

I could script all my installs and hardcode a username/password using the 'runas' command, but that's not elegant at all.

I could also just leave the new user as an admin, and then manually drop their admin rights after the build is completed. Not really ideal either.

My last option is just to drop the software install from WIHU altogether, and simply use the runonce functionality. This is less flexible and not really what I want either.

Ideas?

Also, I could use the second user screen to manually enter the user details, but it requires the person doing the build to use a bit more care and has more chance for them to make a mistake. Plus they can then manually tick the 'administrator' box which defies the purpose of limiting them to a user account altogether.