I cant install my webcam

At0mic

I've just nlited my Windows XP Pro and now I cant install my webcam. Does anyone know which component did this so I can make a new nlite disk with the appropriate changes? I didn't remove Windows Image Aquisition.

I did remove camera drivers but I'm trying to use the manufacturers drivers. Could the manufacturers drivers be trying to use a few files from the camera drivers I removed?

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

At0mic

Last_Session.ini

Edited by At0mic

I made a new nlite disk and kept the camera drivers. I also made another nlite disk but this time I kept netmeeting. Neither disk alow me to install my webcam :(

Looks like Im going to have to make another nlite disk and choose to remove fewer options.

is it using usb or attached on laptop monitor???

I'm using webcam too that attached on my laptop, and it work with manucfacturer driver.

try not to remove usb support (audio & ethernet) on your last_session.ini (this is what i did on my nlite CD).

I hope this will help.. & good luck :)

Its a usb webcam

I just installed windows xp with my original disk and my webcam installed perfectly with the manufactures driver. However, during the install, I noticed that one of the devices it detected was "usb audio" which is one of the things I did previously remove from my last few disks. I'm guessing it requires usb audio support for the cams built in mic.

Next time, I'll keep usb audio support and see what happens.

Try not removing ANY hardware support, you can always remove the drivers themselves, as long as support is not removed with them.

Hardware support removal only takes bout 5mb anyway.

@At0mic,

actually, your problem is same with mine when the first time i make nlite CD.

I'm sure if you didn't remove usb audio it will be OK. Or may be you can try manually update usb audio driver from device manager (it could be show as "other device"), and give it your manufacturer sound card driver that already exist on hardware driver list.

or for safe, i agree with @TD suggestion :)

just try & try to get the best configuration for your own system..

nlite is the best software for customizing XP, thanks to Nuhi.