OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   Repartition=Yes
   UnattendSwitch="Yes"
   WaitForReboot="No"
   FileSystem=ConvertNTFS
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   [B]InstallFilesPath = C:\Install[/B]
   OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\Nvidia\Display;Drivers\Nvidia\Ethernet;Drivers\Nvidia\GART;Drivers\Nvidia\Memctrl;
Drivers\Nvidia\SMBus;Drivers\Nvidia\USB;Drivers\Nvidia\IDE;Drivers\Modem;Drivers\Sound"

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword=*
   EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=4
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductKey=****
   FullName="****"
   OrgName=""
   ComputerName=****

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=32
   Xresolution=1024
   YResolution=768
   Vrefresh=75

[TapiLocation]
   CountryCode=1
   Dialing=Tone
   AreaCode=760

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=HOME

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=No

[NetAdapters]
   Adapter1=params.Adapter1

[params.Adapter1]
   INFID=*

[NetClients]
   MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]
   MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

[NetProtocols]
   MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP
   MS_NWIPX=params.MS_NWIPX

[params.MS_TCPIP]
   DNS=Yes
   UseDomainNameDevolution=No
   EnableLMHosts=Yes
   AdapterSections=params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1

[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1]
   SpecificTo=Adapter1
   DHCP=Yes
   WINS=No
   NetBIOSOptions=0

[Components]
   msnexplr=off
   zonegames=off

[Branding]
   BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[URL]
   Home_Page=about:blank

[GuiRunOnce]
   %systemdrive%\install\main_batch.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\applications.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\reg.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\hacked_dll.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd

I have the cmdlines.txt file under my install folder. It should be copied to c:\install since I have oempreinstall setup...is this correct? So, the installfilespath should go to my c:\install\cmdlines.txt this file then points to user.cmd which then creates my user account. Is this all correct?

TO AARONXP:

I was wondering...since I have yet to mount my cd image or even burn it for that matter, when I use the sp1deploy tools, it creates 2 files...the .sif file above, and a winnt.bat. Do I need this batch file? Let's say I have everything setup perfectly and ready to go, the only thing I need to do is copy the winnt.sif file into my i386 folder....nothing involving the winnt.bat file, correct? I read through the tut on this and it didn't say anything about it, just double checking. :)

I have the cmdlines.txt file under my install folder. It should be copied to c:\install since I have oempreinstall setup...is this correct? So, the installfilespath should go to my c:\install\cmdlines.txt this file then points to user.cmd which then creates my user account. Is this all correct?

Sorry, you are wrong, put the cmdlines.txt and install.cmd both in $oem$ main directory, never in other directory or sub directory. If fact, you can put install.cmd in orthe path, but you should modify cmdlines.txt just like this

[COMMANDS]

"otherpath\INSTALLS.CMD"

To avoid error, I recommend you do not modify cmdlines.txt, and put these two files in the same directory $oem$.

More information here:

Run Once

The Run Once page is implemented by using the GuiRunOnce key of the answer file. This key is processed when setup is completed and the first logon occurs.

Command Lines

The Command Lines page is implemented using the distribution folder. Setup Manager writes the list of commands you enter to a special file, Cmdlines.txt, saved in the $oem$ subdirectory of your distribution folder.

Unlike the Run Once commands, the commands in Cmdlines.txt are processed at the end of Setup, just before it restarts to prompt for the first logon.

Note that while Setup runs, nobody is logged in. Therefore, commands run on the Command Lines page do not have access to protected network resources.

Note

Windows Installer application installations cannot be initiated from a Cmdlines.txt file.

TO AARONXP:

I was wondering...since I have yet to mount my cd image or even burn it for that matter, when I use the sp1deploy tools, it creates 2 files...the .sif file above, and a winnt.bat.  Do I need this batch file?  Let's say I have everything setup perfectly and ready to go, the only thing I need to do is copy the winnt.sif file into my i386 folder....nothing involving the winnt.bat file, correct?  I read through the tut on this and it didn't say anything about it, just double checking. :)

Yeah, I've never needed to use it though. I think its a file telling setup where to find the winnt.sif answer file, but it uses a fixed cd-rom drive letter (:/). I don't have a winnt.bat in the i386 directory, just the winnt.sif and Setup finds it perfectly. It looks like its working for everyone else too (well, no problems heard relating to that yet!) :rolleyes:

(Fairly off-topci) Oh good lord...What have I done? I'm a complete moron. You know how I was saying unattended setup wouldn't work on the upgrade version of XP I've got? Guess what I forgot to put in the stinking i386 directory? :)

(Fairly off-topci) Oh good lord...What have I done?  I'm a complete moron.  You know how I was saying unattended setup wouldn't work on the upgrade version of XP I've got?  Guess what I forgot to put in the stinking i386 directory? :rolleyes:

the winnt.sif file? :)

Well....I have yet to burn my CD and/or try it in vmware workstation 4. I mounted the image, but for some reason it doesn't wanna find it or use the .iso image to install the operating system on workstation, oh well. I figured I need to format BADLY, so I would just come back here and check on what you had to said about the winnt.bat file. Well, thx for the input on that, ALSO, a BIG BIG BIG thank you to quya. That definitely would have put a twist in my panties if I hadn't gotten it right. Make mistakes, learn from them...but damnit, I only have 5 more blank cd's left. Gonna go and get some on Wednesday....I just KNOW that I am gonna NEED 6 cd's before I go out and buy another pack or two....isn't that how it always works...just one more than you have.

As for Bachus.... :rolleyes: I would have been in a similar situation, had quya not posted that last post. Hope your problem is fixed now :)

Hey guya:

quya: I have a question for you then.

Could you explain your code (line by line ???)

CODE 

@Echo Off

reg export "hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" anyfilename1>nul

find /n "RegisteredOwner" anyfilename1>anyfilename2

FOR /F "tokens=2 delims==" %%i in (anyfilename2) do set FName=%%i

set FName=%FName:~1,-1%

net user "%FName%" /add>nul

net localgroup administrators "%FName%" /add>nul

del anyfilename1

del anyfilename2

Thanks

]Bonkers[

Would that still be possible?

I have kinda an idea what is going on, but still a little clueless. What does anyfilename do?

Thanks

]Bonkers[

Would that still be possible

REM The following codes must be executed before GuiRunOnce, or it will be useless. How to do it, please refer to my early reply in this post.

@ECHO OFF

reg export "hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" ANYFILENAME1 >nul

find /n "RegisteredOwner" ANYFILENAME1>ANYFILENAME2

FOR /F "tokens=2 delims==" %%i in (ANYFILENAME2) do set FName=%%i

del ANYFILENAME1

del ANYFILENAME2

Hi, Bonkers

Sorry for late reply. Well, I try to explain the above codes step by step, but the given codes are only for auto adding an account and then auto logon. I think it has little help or clues for adding your favorites folder unattended.

@ECHO OFF

This will echo off the command itself, but can not echo off the result executed by the command

reg export keyname filename

This will export the registry entries & sub_entries of keyname to a filename. ">nul" means echo off the result executed by the command. More information, please type "reg export/?" in Dos prompt.

find /n "string" filename

Search the string in the file and indicate the line number where the string is. The purpose to use this command is to further reduce the range of you wanted string. If your system is English version, you can use reg query "hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" /v "RegisteredOwner">ANYFILENAME2 instead of the above two commands, that will be faster. Since my RegisteredOwner name is Chinese, if I only use "reg query" command, it will lost some letters for RegisteredOwner name, it is a bug. So I have to use two commands.

FOR /F "tokens=2 delims==" %%i in (ANYFILENAME2) do set FName=%%i

This command is hard to explain, "delims==" means from the letter "=", the total sentence will serch the letter "=", and then set fname equal the texts after the letter "=". The result will be fname="RegisteredOwner", you can not directly use the command (set fname=%RegisteredOwner%), because %RegisteredOwner% is not an environmental variable. More information, please type "Help For" in Dos prompt. If you use "reg query" command, then this command and next command will be also modified. The entire codes will be:

@ECHO OFF

reg query "hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" /v "RegisteredOwner">ANYFILENAME2

for /f "skip=4 tokens=2 delims=Z" %%i in (ANYFILENAME2) do set Fname=%%i

set FName=%FName:~1%

del ANYFILENAME2

This will delete some redundant letters and set the FName exactly equal RegisteredOwner value. More information, please type "Help Set" in Dos prompt.

Add the user account and add it into administrators group, the account name is just the same as your RegisteredOwner Name, if you had already this account name, then it will report an error. You can verify it by executing all the above codes immediately in Dos prompt.

del ANYFILENAME1

Delete the temporary file. It will be no use any more.

It's a little tough for me to write in English. If I have time, I will give the answer to your question How to add the favorite folder unattended.

Ive been reading through this topic, and i have cmdlines.txt file and the INSTALLS.cmd file in my $OEM$ dir...... but what do i have to put in the winnt.sif file to get it to run the user name thing?

You do not need to put anything in the winnt.sif file, cmdlines.txt will be auto executed. Just try!

Just tested it out and after install of XP, it asks me to logon to either admin or william. i click on william and it goes in and asks for a password for administrator rights. which i never set one so nothen happened, so i manually went to C:install, and it wouldnt install anything because it said i didnt have proper p rivilages, heres my files i added

[COMMANDS]
".\INSTALLS.CMD"

@ECHO OFF
net user "William" /add>nul
net localgroup administrators "William" /add>nul

what did I do wrong?

guya: thanks for the explaination of your file.

I do have a problem though with it though. I can't seem to get it to create my username.

Here is what I have done.

under my oem folder I have cmdlines.txt and users.cmd

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]

"USERS.CMD" (is the .\USERS.CMD different???)

users.cmd

@Echo Off

reg export "hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" anyfilename1>nul

find /n "RegisteredOwner" anyfilename1>anyfilename2

FOR /F "tokens=2 delims==" %%i in (anyfilename2) do set FName=%%i

del anyfilename1

del anyfilename2

any idea why it isn't working?

Thanks