Windows 2000 server SP4 GP problem

hello, i have a small domain (domain.local). Recently it locked out my user account that was in its own folder in active directory to enforce my own defined gp settings. the policy defines that the documents folders and desktop folders be re-directed to my server.

What i did: I deleted the user peter that was not having any problems until i was locked out from my computer and from any settings in AD. I deleted the user (that was all i could do). I recreated the same user name and security settings. the login name is the same as the old one as is the password.

The problem: I tried to log into my workstation with the user name peter. It logs in fine, but does not update any of the group policy settings that are in place (IE: folder redirection).

Attempted fix: i went to command prompt ran gpupdate /force - nothing happened. I removed the computer from the domain and then restart it, and re-added it. now i don't know what to do....

Any help would be awesome. Thank you in advance

Did you have a backup of your policy on your main server? You might have to start back from scratch. next time make a GP template and keep a backup of your policy.

hello, i have a small domain (domain.local). Recently it locked out my user account that was in its own folder in active directory to enforce my own defined gp settings. the policy defines that the documents folders and desktop folders be re-directed to my server.

What i did: I deleted the user peter that was not having any problems until i was locked out from my computer and from any settings in AD. I deleted the user (that was all i could do). I recreated the same user name and security settings. the login name is the same as the old one as is the password.

The problem: I tried to log into my workstation with the user name peter. It logs in fine, but does not update any of the group policy settings that are in place (IE: folder redirection).

Attempted fix: i went to command prompt ran gpupdate /force - nothing happened. I removed the computer from the domain and then restart it, and re-added it. now i don't know what to do....

Any help would be awesome. Thank you in advance