Dreamweaver 8.0.2 Patch

Jeroeneke

The latest Dreamweaver patch uses a .msi file, but I can't make it install silent :(

I used the /QN switch, /QB didn't work neither..., tried it with and without Reboot=Suppress...

I did a logged installation (with /QN) which attached on this post ;)

Strange thing is that it installs perfectly if I do it manually...

hopes somebody can help me? Maybe I'm using the wrong switch?

dw.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I found a work around and posted it at the Adobe forums:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...p;enterthread=y

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

C:\>

EDIT: i know it says that this fix is for 64bit systems, but now you can right your own wrapped for the MSP file to avoid the problems with using the /s (silent) switch with msiexec.

Edited by c-prompt

I've been messing with DW8 all afternoon and I think i've figured it out. The usual /qb, /qn, and /quiet switches do not work properly with DW8, period. When using them with the patch, it just doesn't install. But what's more disturbing...is that when you use them with DW8 itself, it installs, but only partially! (the extension manager doesn't get installed for example).

The solution is to run the installers in unattended mode, but with the UI level set to reduced (which would be the /qr parameter). Apparently, the installers are getting confused when the UI levels are set too low..

Well with the method I suggested, you just run the /qr switch on the msi file from the official patch (doesn't matter what version of Windows your running).

BTW, i'm using the download version of DW8 from Adobe's site. If it's prompting you to insert your CD when you try to patch it unattendedly, you might try using that version instead.