Unattended install

Hello all,

I'm new here and relatively new to slipstreaming, etc. I used nLite to make my XP cd setup unattended. In the process I lost the upgrade/repair install feature. All I could find on the nLite site is 'next time keep Manual Install component'. I'm not sure exactly what that means and how to do it (and I have searched around, including on this forum). I'd like to know, both for nLite use and for manual procedure (editing WINNT.sif ?) how to do that.

Thanks,

cactusgal

Thanks for the heads-up. I've checked that out already and am in the process (slooooow over dial-up) of printing it all up so I can have a hard copy, being somewhat old and set in my ways, lol :whistle:;)

At the moment it's impossible to silent upgrade/repair Microsoft Windows XP with classic winnt.sif.

So is there any work-around or other option for that?

And BTW, having initially set up the unattended install using Microsoft Deploy tool just after the release of sp2 and having slipstreamed sp2, finally, the manual way and then I couldn't figure out why the unattended install didn't work. Because I didn't have the 2 files it created in the right place, the ini file in WINNT.sif, but where does the batch file go? :blushing::wacko: Really trying to get a handle on the manual ways of doing all these things! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys,

cactusgal