The Vista Experience

WeirdEars

Well, I got Beta 2. In fact, I'm typing on it now. Here is a short review of my experience so far:

Installation took a while, but probably no longer than XP did. Every time I switch on, I get a bit of a glitchy area at the bottom of the screen. This does no harm, and promptly goes onto the Logon screen after about half a minute tops.

I logged on (I chose the dog :D ) and saw the Desktop. I had to install my GeForce card before I could see Aero, and when I did, well. One words sums it up: wow. The sidebar is pretty nifty, got a notepad, picture viewer, clock, RSS feed of the news and the calculator. It is all very handy and will save me going to the news site all the time.

The wireless network was pretty easy to install, went to Networks and just clicked Connect To Network. It found the wireless network and connected me. I don't think I even had to install any drivers! Also, sound installed pretty quick...

FireFox installed well on it, although the Java plugin disables Aero I think. Photoshop 7 installed fine, as did Acrobat 7. Norton Antivirus 2005 couldn't install.

When restarting Vista, I am greeted with a glitchy screen until it eventually restarts.

So overall, I rate Vista 9.999/10!

i think it sucks the screen res is bad. don't lke the narrator. and my programs I want to switch back.

Oh, yeah, forgot about the screen...Always goes back to 800x600 and I have to play with the secondary monitor to get it back to 1152x864. Does anyone have a solution?