Beta 2 Installation Error

lifeinanalog

I recently downloaded the Beta 2 ISO from microsoft and burnt it to a disc (both 4x and 2.4x). When I try to install Vista onto my computer the Installer goes through ALL of the steps (copying files, expanding..etc) and on the last step of install I get an error:

"An error occurred while preparing Windows Setup to boot into the next stage of Setup."

When I click OK, it removes Vista and I start from square One.

Does anyone have ANY clue why the installer continues to do this?

I'm installing this on a machine with 1.8ghz intel processor, 1gig ram, and a radeon 9800 pro. The Hard drive is blank and has no other partitions.

Thanks!

I've no idea or this has got anything to do with this, but if I where you i'd check if there are BIOS-updates for your motherboard. Maybe that's causing it, otherwise, you might have installed it on an incompatible partition. FAT32 partitions are incompatible with Vista, and you have to make sure the partition you're installing it on is ''active''.

If this ain't causing it i'd be clueless too

I've no idea or this has got anything to do with this, but if I where you i'd check if there are BIOS-updates for your motherboard. Maybe that's causing it, otherwise, you might have installed it on an incompatible partition. FAT32 partitions are incompatible with Vista, and you have to make sure the partition you're installing it on is ''active''.

If this ain't causing it i'd be clueless too

make sure you have partitioned and formatted your hard disk in ntfs. vista doesn't support fat32.

The hard drive I had in the machine was a blank hard drive. Vista partitioned it for me so it was NTFS.

I tried one other thing to see if I can get it to install. I swapped out DVD-Roms (Thinking that was the issue), then I installed XP Pro. SP2 onto the hard disk so that I could do an upgrade. I got a prompt at the start about missing drivers, but it wasn't a big deal. After that the install went fine. However, when It rebooted it showed me a screen that had the copyright and the windows loading bar. The screen had no logo and it just sat there for at least 4 hours. I gave it sometime. So I guess it's best to say Vista will not work on this machine (even though the advisor said it would).