[Help] Ipconfig command broken

Thunderbolt 2864

Hi,

I have a problem with ipconfig. I type in in CMD and it doesn't work. Doesn't come up with anything or any message, just sits there and does nothing. And I can't even disable my network connections as well.

I also use Windows Server 2003 and this problem isn't present, only on XP, which is weird. Please help me out here, thanks.

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

--Sonic

By using the expand command.

Something like...

expand D:\i386\ipconfig.ex_ C:\Windows\system32\ipconfig.exe

You can even expand it to another location and try running it from there. Some of the basic commandline based programs in Windows are standalone (ping, ipconfig, etc).

If that doesn't help you it's most likely caused by some kinda of virus or malware. You could try scanning for viruses and such, or if you perfer you could try finding the issue yourself by opening up task manager and killing all processes that are run under your name. Keep only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe. None of the others are needed so simply ending all of them my resolve the issues. If it does you can simply go through more slowly to determine exactly which one is the problem. (Reseting the computer would bring back the processes you just ended)

Edited by Coco