WMP11 not installing

I am trying to manually install WMP 11 beta, however after 100% I get the following message.

- Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

PS. I've got WMP10 installed (integrated on UA media)

th_79749_wmp11err.jpg

Edited by BoardBabe

I had the same problem, or at least a similar problem. My WMP10 was not integrated, but I deleted the %WinDir%\RegisteredPackages folder to save space (for those who don't know, this is where WMP9 is backed up if you install WMP10). WMP11 installation halted at the same exact spot, during install of wmfdist11.exe.

To correct, I went into my Add/Remove Programs and "uninstalled" WMP10 and Windows Media Format runtime, even though there was nothing to install. This worked, and allowed me to complete installation of WMP11 with no further difficulties.

If you don't have entries for WMP10 in your Add/Remove Programs, there may be a command line you can run to "delete" WMP10. Give that a try - the worst thing that happens is you can't install what you already can't install...

Edited by jrf2027

@Boardbabe

just had exactly the same problem at one pc @ work earlier today. i just ran regedit and deleted all wmp10 keys. wmp11 installed ok after that. thought you might wanna try that too. take care...

PS might be a good idea to back-up your registry before altering it, just in case.