DivX for windows 6.2.2.1.0.0.188

i didnt know that we can extract ths nis script from installer using 7-zip. im going to install 7-zip to try some things now with nis scripts now ;) thanks for the tip.

BTW, i guess you can download any nis script editor and modify the file, then you can recompile it. not sure what tools, but you can try some at nis website...thats what im going to do.

i didnt know that we can extract ths nis script from installer using 7-zip. im going to install 7-zip to try some things now with nis scripts now ;) thanks for the tip.

BTW, i guess you can download any nis script editor and modify the file, then you can recompile it. not sure what tools, but you can try some at nis website...thats what im going to do.

You need 7zip 440 version (see my link above) it's the only version that can extract nsis script As for edit you can use notepad :P What i was asking for it's someone with nsis script experience to show me how to modify the divx's script to make it silent! :(

i thought any version was capable of extracting that. downloading it now.

i sont have any experience with nis scripts, only with inno setup but is very basic.

i think i will try some things on scripts of some installers i have to see what comes up at the end. thanks again.

The script that is extracted using 7-zip is already compiled and as such it is not something that you can easily edit. There is a thread at the NSIS developer forum discussing this issue.

Not to mention that the script you refer to has 7000+ lines of code :)

As for silent installation, doesn't it support the /S switch?

How about an autoit wrapper?

i thought any version was capable of extracting that.
Only v.4.40 beta did this. This feature was removed after that version.

CF

Edited by cancerface