How do I add something to the RunOnce registry key

I still haven't figured out why Setup isn't setting my refresh rate and color depth like it should, among other things. i've tracked the changes made in the registry and have created a .reg file for them (and other things, such as setting Litestep as shell, customizing my folder options, and even setting the silver theme by default. The problem is that Windows seems to ignore half of these things. For example, it still refuses to set the refreshrate and color depth, it won't set my folder options or set the silver theme, but it does setup Litestep and set up the layout of my toolbars how I like. At any rate, if I run the .reg file now and reboot, all of a sudden it will accept these registry entries and everything will be fine. I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out what's going on there, but I do have an alternate idea. Would it be possible to, during the batch install, put a registry entry into the RunOnce key that, once psshutdown has rebooted the computer, will run another batch file that will run my .reg file? It should be possible, but I have no clue how to do it. Thanks alot, guys, if you can help me. :)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"NameOfApplication"="C:\\Program Files\\example\\example.exe"

Since you want to execute a reg key, you will be prompted when XP boots up if the reg key path is in RunOnce, so put a path to the batch file instead that will use REGEGIT /S

You probably will see a quick flash of the command prompt box on boot up :)

P.S. you do need to use double backslashes for a path in a registry import.