Help I want to make ONE unattended windows installation...

If I remember correctly Pyron's post about WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe, it is called from presetup.cmd which is in your i386 folder (drivepack base should place it there). Sounds like presetup.cmd is calling \OEM\BIN\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe which is not in \OEM\BIN\ inside your CD/DVD/Network share. Check that, and also check the relevant MSFN forum since your questions are probably more suited for the drivers discussion section of MSFN ...

CF

[Edit] You can find out what Intel chipsets are supported by BTS's drivepacks if you refer to the changelog of the appropriate pack.

Edited by cancerface

Personally, you're making all this far more complicated than it really needs. You should forget about all these driver packs and do it by hand. Just follow the tutorial http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/33/ and add in the drivers you need for your machines.

You'll learn far more doing it that way than you are now.

But, that's just my opinion.

i'll try to do it by hand. but I have a question already. when i setup my structure in the drivers folder. 000_intel_inf 001_intel_LAN

i have 2 several different types of video cards and nics do I just keep 001_REALTEK_LAN

with the 001 folders?

i'll try to do it by hand. but I have a question already. when i setup my structure in the drivers folder. 000_intel_inf 001_intel_LAN

i have 2 several different types of video cards and nics do I just keep 001_REALTEK_LAN

with the 001 folders?

The folders can be named anything you like. For example, on my disk I have the following:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers

Easy enough so far.

From there I break it down by my different hardware.

The drivers for my ATI cards are here:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\ATI\x700

I use the same NIC in all my machines:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Broadcom

Next is my Dell laptop:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Dell\D600\Audio

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Dell\D600\Video

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Dell\D600\Wireless

Now my desktop:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Abit\VT7\SATA

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Abit\VT7\Audio

Then my kid's computer:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Asus\P4S800\Audio

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Asus\P4S800\Video

So on and so on until I have all my drivers on the disk. My WinNT.sif just lists them all out. I boot any of my machines from this disk and I can fully install all the hardware without problems.

The names of the folders don't matter, as you see you can call them anything you want just as long as it makes sense to you. I break mine down based on the hardware, you can do anything you want, even lump them all together into a single folder if you want. Windows won't care, all it wants to know is where to find the drivers. The folder structure and names are only there to make sense to us.