Windows XP "Repair" Silent

GoRo

:hello: Hi, I have been wondering if it is possible to make an unattented repair cd for Windows XP, the reason why I am asking this is because I do change my hardware about twice a month, I test and benchmark hardware, It is a hassle to "reload" my Windows everytime so that is why I want to know if it is possible?? The repair cd should use the old serial number of the previous installed Windows XP and should keep all the settings, a fully unattented repair cd is what I want to do, unless if there is another way to get past the "Blue screen of death" when you change hardware, sometimes Windows will be inaccessible due to hardware failure so can somebody please help me with the best solution ....

Thanks,

Regards.

At the moment, you can't make an unattended repair CD :(

Moreover in your case you can't access windows due to the bsod, so there isn't solution. When we are already in windows we can make an unattended repair with the windows setup gui and unattended.txt.

My uA cd is installed within 36 minutes, installing all software WITH all settings the way I want.. so I guess it is an uA repair CD :)

It depends on how far you go with the meaning of "Unattended". Some people just install Windows and few other things. I install windows, apply A LOT of regtweaks to set windows exactly like I would have done manually (perhaps even more). Same goes for the settings of apps.

for what you are doing, it seems my cd is the solution :D

Once the cd is done, I can do everything I want, just as I did 36 min ago before I inserted the CD. Only have to give the SSID of my wireless network + wpa2 key. Thats all.

I use it on every pc whereever I go.

Ok thanks, is there then only a way that I can use the serial number of the previous installed windows, the setup must detect if there was a previous version installed if there was then use that serial number and if there was not that it ask you for a serial number??

PS. Thanks for all your help!!