need to restart the windows after installed

Hi

i have made my unattended winxp cd and everything works fine but i want any tip to make the windows restart after installation so after this restart the runonce will be excuted...i mean i don't want from the user to do this i want it to restart once and then this command not excuted again..any batch file or cmd for this???

thanx

Type

Shutdown /?

in a DOS console window for usage. It will handle the restart for you within a cmd file.

ok now any tips on how to add this command to windows first startup and after being restarted using this patch i add a command to delete this file to stop restarting the pc again and again??

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 30 -c "Please hold, Windows will restart"

This will start a pop-up window with a custom message and 30 second timer.

Lauching this batch file from [GuiRunOnce] will not restart the computer more than once, because the answer file is only used to install the OS and to launch files ONCE after installation.

An easier way is to download something like poweroff

In your batch file, do something like

echo shutting down in (15?) seconds

sleep 15

poweroff poweroff

Once you install poweroff, find poweroff.exe in %windir%\system32 and put it in %xpcd%\$oem$\$$\System32

Edited by T D

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 30 -c "Please hold, Windows will restart"

This will start a pop-up window with a custom message and 30 second timer.

Lauching this batch file from [GuiRunOnce] will not restart the computer more than once, because the answer file is only used to install the OS and to launch files ONCE after installation.

it didn't work..i tried it but nothing happens..as i know runonceex is loaded at t-12 so this command is useless in this case..any other help???

What!? Have you created a batch file with the code I gave you and then 'called' that same file from your answer file?

Don't say something is useless without being sure. I have, as well as many others, been using it for quite some time.

What!? Have you created a batch file with the code I gave you and then 'called' that same file from your answer file?

Don't say something is useless without being sure. I have, as well as many others, been using it for quite some time.

I am sure it didn't work with me but i will try again today from the 1st step to see if i made anything wrong.

GuiRunOnce :

ECHO.
ECHO Restarting the PC in 1 minute...
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute"

Runonce :

cmdow @ /HID
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."

• 2 months later...

You could also enable AutoAdminLogon. It will reboot the computer when the OS is finished installing, logon, launch RunOnceEx then you can reboot after your applications are installed and Windows will come up ready for the user to login to and start using.

If you get stuck, send me a PM and I'll try and help out. If you've already fixed the problem. Congrats, and no need to bother with the above. Just another way to do it.