Software to download directly to CD?

Stone_age

The title says it all, when I run backups off my webhosting, I'd like to be able to download it directly to a CD. I have a Burner in my 2000 server box, that hardly ever gets used. Does anyone know of a program, or perhaps a cmd for nero to accept the download to a temp file and then auto burn?

Your WebHosting provider (at least most of them) does daily backups. However, if you still want to be sure, you can buy an external HD (USB powered) keeping it connected at the computer and just use it to backup from your webhosting. That's how I do it.

If you need this done unattended, you can code a VBS script that will download what you want and make it run in an infinte loop.

SCRIPT STARTS:

- DOWNLOADS

- STAYS ON HOLD FOR 24H

- ERASES CONTENT OF USB HDD

- GO TO STEP #1

This is not that hard to do, and at least it free.

Gouki, if you want free you can still go to Syncback website, they also a have a very powerful free version that will do what you want too.

I am not associated with this program or it's writers but i do use it and find it extremely powerful and useful for the $35CAD it costs..... or use the less powerful (than the SE version) features of the free version.

I have been amazed at what this program offers and it's compatible with XP, Server 2003 and older Win9X

P.S if you use neros InCd i would read the FAQ at 2brightsparks and use the suggested free software instead.

Edited by Ghostrider

I don't use any applications for my backups. Every once in a while I download the data from my webhost to an externel HDD, but most of the time I just trust them to have the data secure and backed up for me.

I'll try this application, it maybe something to add to my toolbox. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll try this application, it maybe something to add to my toolbox. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Your Welcome, let me know what you think. I'm interested to know if other knowledgable users thinks it's as good as i do... I seem to be finding more features and uses for profiles and group backup etc.