[Question] Change title text, like with themes change

straytoasters

I think I have asked before but I will ask again in case anyone has any new ideas. When you go Desktop-->right click-->properties-->and change a theme the text in the title bar will change (depending on theme). I know the reg key that makes the change but cannot get it to push through without a reboot. The title bar text is not a theme element (as in you cant stop and restart the theme service to push the change through) and a shell reboot (not a computer reboot) doesent force it through either, again a full reboot does. What process during the properties/theme change process happens to push the title text change through without reboot. Anybody know?

Straytoasters

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Please follow XP Forum Rules from now on.

--Sonic

For me, I do a reboot at the end of the all process of tweaks, installs ... I use this regtweak to force reload theme.

With a restart service that will work too.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager]
"LoadedBefore"="0"
"ColorName"="Metallic"

Goodbye.

The problem really isnt the theme service. I can kill and restart the theme service from .bat in like 3 seconds. The problem is the non theme elements. Ok, here is what I mean. The machine is ghosted with the silver theme (I dont have access to the ghost), I change the stated theme with a .reg, then kill and restart the theme service (total time proubably 4sec), HOWEVER non theme elements like the title bar text and wallpaper do not change to what is normally associated with the default XP theme. The silver theme has black title bar text and that looks like crap when the title bar changes back to blue. So again the problem really isnt the theme service per se.

Straytoasters

The regs are not about the service, they define the theme not loaded before, so when you reboot or restart theme, the theme is fully reloaded. If you don't set value LoadBefore to 0, the title text isn't reloaded.