[DELETE PLS] Firefox 1.5 silent install @T12 impossible

ZileXa

I always used the -ms switch to install Firefox silenty, never had a problem. Now, it does get installed but Firefox won't start, Firefox.exe will not execute, actually it does (when I check Task Manager) but it exits itself immediately!

Anyone else got this problem?

PS: My RunOnceEx starts at T12/13, used to work just fine.

EDIT

I think it does work after the Setup Restarts (when the oldfashioned RunOnceEx runs)...

but installing firefox is such a simple task and it used to work @T12 so it must work!

Edited by ZileXa

yeah but that's almost impossible... on T12 the system is clean..

any users that CAN install firefox at T12? or after setup restarted the system?

@T D how did you fix it?

I think I will just edit the ini file (FirefoxSetup.exe contains an ini file, you can set installationtype to SILENT and FF should install silently then).

How come nobody asked this question earlier?

1.5 has been out quite some time.. :whistle:

updated the title and first post.

Never mind!!

I remove WMP and use WM10Lite + the necessary Plugins & Components for Firefox browser, they get extracted after Firefox installs.

But instead of creating an archive of just the files necessary, I just added the complete Plugins & Components folders to my archive... resulting in conflicts ofcourse with the future versions of Firefox like 1.5 and higher, my mistake!

and as I reported, with -ms switch it did get installed but I thought it didnt install correctly but that wasnt the problem!

Administrator or Moderator : Please delete this topic!

Edited by ZileXa

I created an installer for Firefox 1.5.0.2 based on a MSI which i created that installs from T-13/12/9. The only differance froma default install is that there are no startmenu shortcuts or desktop shortcut created. It DOES create the shortcut in the quicklaunch for ALL users.

Gei it Here

NOTE: i will be updated it to version 1.5.0.3 soon. You'll find the new release under the same URL i posted above.

shark

Edited by Shark007

thanks. but the -ms is fine for me

and ofcourse, extracting firefox setup, change a value in config.ini to Silent instead of Normal, 7zip all files, use copy /b 7zS.sfx + config.txt + firefox.7z firefoxsetup.exe would also make a silent switchless firefox :)

I delete the entire Start Menu after all apps are installed and then extract my own preconfigured start menu so shortcuts are not a problem for me.