Using AutoIt Scripts: PLEASE HELP!

Sangi

There are lots of AutoIt scripts and information on where to dowload the application itself everywhere in this site, but here is my question:

How do we incorporate these AutoIt scripts into RunOnceEx?

Believe me, I've looked everywhere, even in the AutoIt site, but I can't see the missing link, i.e. say I download one of the scripts available in this site as well as the AutoIt software, what do I do next? Where do I place the script and how do I get it to work? What do I do with the software?

In other words, I just want to use what is available here in this forum and incorporate it to my RunOnceEx.cmd. I certainly do NOT intend to attempt writing a script myself since it's way beyond my very limited computer knowledge.

I honestly hope I'm not the only one with such a limited knowledge, but even if this is the case, can anyone help me out?

Sorry for my ignorance!

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

If you have a RunOnceEx.cmd file already with items in it, then you are almost there.

You will need to install AutoIt (whatever version the script needs), and compile the script to a EXE file.

Once you've done that, put it with all your other apps. And add an entry into the RunOnceEx.cmd.

Thanks, Jazkal, I'll definitely give it a try.

And now an apology to the site administrators: I seem to have missed the topic on AutoIt questions, despite having used the search function, so if you would like to redirect it to that thread, please do so!

:)