ISOs not bootable

I have followed the guide as closely I as I possibly can and am using Nero Express 6 to burn ISOs. The disk is perfectly readable in Windows, but it can't actually boot from it.

Is there something special I need to do in Nero Express? There must be, even though the guide says it's not necessary. I am going to try and use Isobuster to extract the boot sector from a working disk to a floppy, and then do this the long way, but I would much prefer to use the ISO or NRG file that I have made.

Any help is welcome.

Are you using the CDImage GUI to create the bootable iso of the XP build? Check out the tutorial on MSFN regarding it: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/15/

if so, check that you have the settings and paths correctly i.e. if the path to the boot.img included in the package isn't correct, it wont add the bootsector to the iso and you wont get a bootable CD.

I've found it far easier using CDImage to create the iso than creating the CD and adding the boot sector with the writing software i.e. nero, NTI, etc...

Regards

Nath.

Edited by tarquel

I think you're better off using Nero burning ROM, not Nero Express, for this (at least that's the way I do it).

You will have to have extracted the boot image from your original CD, which I believe is described in the guide.

Choose CD/DVD-ROM (Boot)

Browse and load the extracted image file.

Under expert settings, choose "No emulation" and number of loaded sectors should be "4".

It should boot just fine.