Windows XP Logo Requirements

Tripredacus

I am developing a new install for some software at my company using InstallShield 11 Professional. This will be our first distribution that uses this as all previous versions used InstallShield 5.5 Professional. The process I will be using will be to create an MSI project, which uses Windows Installer.

I have adopted our setup to adhere to the Windows Installer and Logo Requirements document, however my question lies within its use. This document makes numerous references to the Windows XP Logo Program and Requirements.

It is not in our specification to use the Windows Logo on our product, but does using MSI/Windows Installer require adherance to the Windows XP Logo Program?

If it does, can you please send me a link that states this?

This is a concern because the application for distribution doesn't meet 2 of the first 5 requirements. I didn't bother checking the rest until I knew if it was required or not.

It is not in our specification to use the Windows Logo on our product, but does using MSI/Windows Installer require adherance to the Windows XP Logo Program?

No, but using MSI/Windows Installer is a requirement for the Logo Program, otherwise its just good practice.