Win 2003 SP1 and RIS problems

Hi

We have RIS setup on a Win 2003 SP1 Domain Controller. DHCP etc all handled by the domain controller. Following installation we have had RIS working and successfully installed a number of Dell D610 laptops.

Due to backup problems supposedly fixed by SP1 we updated and now RIS will not work. ?? Well, it starts to work and loads up all the basics and then hangs and gives the following stop error when "Setup is starting windows" :realmad:

0x000000BB (0x00000003, 0xC00000C0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The network driver on the Dell D610 is the Dell supplied Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Integrated Controller.

Any suggestions?

Philip

Hi,

Can you supply more information please? Specifically are we talking RISETUP or RIPREP images?

Also, have you updated the Broadcom gigabit drivers used in the i386 folder (for RISETUP images) to the latest 8.48e version (they can be downloaded from Broadcom's website).

Be sure to follow the instructions for modifying them for RIS use (see Broadcom FAQ or http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=72703).

I'm no RIPREP expert, but I reckon if that's what you're using then you may have to reimage.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Andy

I was specifically talking about RISETUP I suppose but I was trying to install from an image not create one. I don't use RIPREP - too much hassle.

I was using drivers version 7.86 - as available as an update from DELL so will update and try again.

Philip

Hi,

I'm glad (for your sake) that you're using RISETUP because as you say, RIPREP is a PITA.

I had similar experiences with older Broadcom 57xx drivers. You should be able to use up to date generic drivers from Broadcom's site if the Dell variant fails. I administer many Dell boxes and it's all I use.

Good luck,

Andy