Bartpe problem please help if you can.

Hi

I am booting a pc with Bartpe to do an unattended install from the network. Unfortunately the Intel 100 pro ve onboard Nic Card is not found in Bartpe.

I really have to solve this problem because 99 % of the machines have this Network card.

I have tried a few plugins for this card and none seem to load the nic.

Edited by clivebuckwheat

Not sure if you meant your booting BartPE from CD or via PXE/RIS (from the network), but I know that older versions of the Intel Pro 100 & Pro 1000 NIC's had problems when booting from PXE/RIS so you will want to have the most recent version of the driver to be safe.

Most recent Intel Pro100 VE network driver for 2k/XP/2k3 from Intel's web site.

Hope this helps. :D

i'll try the new drivers and let you know.

My next questions:

1. is there a way to start network support automatically in Bartpe?

2. Is there a way to map to a shared drive automatically in Bartpe? so I don't have to type in the info all the time

3. Is there a way to eject the cd and restart the pc in bartpe after the copy files is done. I tried the shutdowngui for Bartpe but it didn't work. I would like to call this via commandline if possible.

Thanks everyone who can share the knowledge.

clivebuckwheat wrote>

My next questions:

1. is there a way to start network support automatically in Bartpe?

2. Is there a way to map to a shared drive automatically in Bartpe? so I don't have to type in the info all the time

3. Is there a way to eject the cd and restart the pc in bartpe after the copy files is done. I tried the shutdowngui for Bartpe but it didn't work. I would like to call this via commandline if possible.

I cover your questions in detail in the following post: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=495302

Farther down the same post we have started to discuss the automatic CD eject: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=498574

thesimpsons and I are working on the auto CD Eject technique using an .EXE file I found; however, BartPE may have the CD door closed until it's completely out of memory which may stop the .EXE file I found from working. I may look for a registry hook to see if we can run any the CD eject.exe after BartPE releases it's death grip on the CD tray! If not it may be time for an enhancement request to the man himself Mr. Bart Lagerweij... :yes:

Hope this helps.

Edited by indy_dba