Internet Explorer 7 build 5346 Released

pawan

Hi all

cant seem to uninstall the previous public beta [7.0.5296.0] - i think that ccleaner may be to blame there as it cleans out hotfix installers [or uninstallers depending how u look at it lol]

Is there way to do it does anyone know, and if not, can u force the new one to install over the top of the current one at all does anyone know?

Cheers

Nath

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

cant seem to uninstall the previous public beta [7.0.5296.0] - i think that ccleaner may be to blame there as it cleans out hotfix installers [or uninstallers depending how u look at it lol]

Is there way to do it does anyone know, and if not, can u force the new one to install over the top of the current one at all does anyone know?

Cheers

Nath

It's a pain that you can't simply install over previous version, but you remove it via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs

- Check the Show Updates box at the top, then IE7b2 will appear in the list

Love the tabs (had that w/ Firefox), but MS still hasn't fixed the following irritations;

1. Starting browser (no other IE windows open) yields the detecting proxy routine

2. Switching to another tab causes the menu bar to disappear (browser window moves up). Pressing ALT brings it back.

When I removed the previous beta version it took the Calculator with it, plus I'm now inflicted with way more BSOD's than I had before.

Just testing new firewall and AV options before I take the plunge and do a clean (unattended) install, whereupon I may actually revert to stock IE6 until this is ready for prime time.