Win2K SP1 and SP2

I've searched and failed to find an definitive answer to this one.

I've successfully slipstreamed SP4 into Win2K. SP3 also works without a hitch.

For completeness, I want to add Win2K+SP1 and Win2K+SP2 to my multiboot CD (it costs almost nothing in space and it gives me more stuff to add to the boot menu :-)).

Both SP1 and SP2 fail. Both tell me that not all the necessary files are present.

When I extract the files from sp1network.exe and look in I386 I see update.sy_, but no update.exe.

I would just assume that W2K SP1/SP2 are too old for slipstreaming, except that the deployment doc on the MSDN CD for SP1 gives the usual slipstreaming instructions.

I've even tried this under W2K itself (using VMware Workstation) and it still fails in the same way.

Am I missing something fundamental or is it just not possible to slipstream these?

try AutoStreamer

Its a great program does all the work for you!

I took a quick look - and it says SP3 onwards :-)

I've found the problem BTW. It seems that update.exe is in I386\UPDATE\ and not in I386\. So if you try to just run the service pack EXE with the usual "-s:<wherever>" argument, it fails.

I assume that this is a bug they fixed in W2K SP3.

Anyway, I now have SP1 and SP2 slipstreamed as required (although I will not actually know whether the multiboot stuff works properly until tomorrow morning - right now I'm off to sleep!)