Custom XP installation CD's

yash

Hello everyone

1.I need to reinstall XP. But I dont want to go through the painful process of installing XP SP1,patches,hotfixes again.

Is there a way i can create a custom XP installation CD's which contains all the updates and hence everything is installed automatically, i.e: i dont want to run windows update after installing XP.

2. Along the same lines, is there a way to put all my fav programs on a CD and create a executable which installs everything at the given location.

I am sure there must be a way to do it. It would be really cool if someone has done this before and can explain it.

thanks

Yea. It can be done. You need a boot sector file. Preferably one from either a Windows 2000 or Windows XP CD. Then you need a program that can create a bootable image file for you to burn. As for putting on updates, the farthest you can really go is slipstreaming SP1 into the installation.

You can download and put all the post-SP1 hotfixes in a seperate folder on the cd as well as your apps but you will still have to execute them manually.